If you sit down and think about it there is a lot of reasons why your blog may not be making you any money. I want to share some of the reasons today:
1) New Blog – How new is your blog? Is it a month old? a week old? 4 months old? I think a lot of people don’t realize that you are not going to just magically make money over night, that is not how it works. There is a lot of time and effort involved in blogging. You need a blog that is going to appeal to the people of that niche, but more importantly you need the traffic. If no one is coming to your blog, don’t expect any profit. Also keep in mind that you may not start seeing earning results until quite a few months, I would estimate 4 – 6 months or more. So be ready for a long road of hard work.
2) Spamming – By this I mean going into classified websites and just spamming your blog url, here there and back. Don’t spam it annoys people. If you believe there is something on your blog you wrote that people may want to read then by all means share it. But don’t show up to forums and ad sites spamming for clicks. On forums this is a good way to get banned, as its not allowed.
3) Too Many Ads? – How loaded is your blog with advertising? What type of advertising is on your blog? There is nothing wrong with having ads to affiliate products, adsense or a referral program. You have to keep in mind that a lot of people hate advertising on websites. But I feel its a known issue now that tons of websites advertise. Facebook and Youtube for example have some advertising and their big name websites.
4) No Traffic – Well in order to see any earnings you need traffic. If your making your blog but not doing anything to get anyone to it then your success with monies is pretty much 0 to limited. You need to take the time to drive traffic to your blog. Not every visitor will click your adsense or buy something, in fact most wont. But there is some people who will. Big amounts of targeted traffic can help you with this goal.
5) Loss Of Motivation – Blogging isn’t for everyone and it will happen to some people. If your not motivated then you have no right in expecting anything to come of your blog. You need to post fresh content to your blog and you need to have a daily traffic plan. Now if you blog and don’t care about any money then great! But for the ones who do, you need to learn and accept the fact that blogging is hard, and it will take a long time to see the results you want to see.
I think this list could go on, but I am stopping it at that because those are key factors in my opinion as to why a lot of people never see any dough with blogging.
Before getting involved with blogging for cash, do yourself a favor and research the topic, there is lots of free information out there. Remember that hard work pays off, join forums and learn about good traffic techniques, brainstorm fresh content for your blog and even offer guest bloggers a chance to post!
Lastly, don’t give up because you worked hard for 4 months and don’t have any money to show for it from your blog. Forums like whydowork.com offer you a chance to have your blog reviewed by other members. There are a lot of people on this wonderful forum who know what they are doing, plus lots of info to be learned.